- 13.11.2014A recent vote approved the latest draft of the revised ISO 9001 on quality management systems. The document can now progress to the next stage of the ISO standard development process.
- 05.02.2014ISO has just published a set of three standards to help companies and organizations get value from their assets
- 05.04.2013Russian Energy Ministry document was developed in accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of November 11, 2010 ¹ 1950-r "On approval of the list of state programs of the Russian Federation.
- 24.03.2013ISO is calling for nominations for the 2013 edition of the prestigious Lawrence D. Eicher Leadership Award for excellence in creative and innovative standards development by an ISO technical committee or subcommittee.
- 21.12.2010Santa's workshop awarded ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certification
Vacancy: Manager, Business Processes (Far East, Russia)
21.04.2010Our client, an international mining company leading operations in a far east region of Russia, is currently seeking to employ a Manager for Business Processes.
Purpose of Role
To oversee activities related to financial and operational compliance
and to ensure standards and regulations are met (internally and
externally). To plan, conduct, and report on various financial,
operational, and Sarbanes-Oxley related mandates across the Comnany’s
global operations. To recommend measures to strengthen, improve, or make
internal control systems procedures more efficient. To assist with the
implementation and maintenance of processes, practices, and
methodologies within the compliance and internal audit function.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties
1. To oversee activities related to corporate compliance:
a. Proposes new work approaches, methods, and policies to optimize performance and to ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards.
b. Contributes to the development of policies and practices related to ensure compliance.
c. Lead SOX planning, documentation and testing of key controls; analyze and document key financial and business operations process flows as needed.
d. Analyze and suggest improvements to financial functions in order to improve internal controls, manage business risk and increase efficiency.
e. Author finance and corporate policies and procedures as appropriate. Coordinate External Audit SOX Assessment Manage special projects regarding internal audit and internal process improvement.
f. Follows up on audit reports to ensure recommendations have been implemented.
g. Provides guidance on operating standards, compliance requirements, and policies to key stakeholders.
h. Ensures engagements are executed in accordance with the The Company 's methodologies, guidance and professional standards. Monitors the quality and delivery of business process improvement.
i. Provides mentorship and guidance on complex or escalated issues.
j. Independently handles reporting on compliance issues related to finance, IT, and operations.
2. To analyze information and prepare technical documents to support decision making:
a. Investigates, researches, and analyzes information and issues.
b. Prepares business cases regarding projects and initiatives and presents recommendations and status updates to key stakeholders.
c. Prepares technical reports and documentation to ensure compliance with industry and operational requirements.
d. Provides input into budgets and operating plans and major capital expenditures in area of expertise.
3. Assists with the management of projects within the compliance
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
is technical and advanced in its complexity and involves approaches
or products requiring the interpretation of information and specialized
advice. May direct the work of project teams and / or task forces and
provides training and guidance to professionals at all levels.
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements
University degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. MBA is an
- A recognized accounting designation (CA / CGA / CMA /
CIA / MBA) and /
or relevant Internal Audit experience.
- Previous experience in the mining industry is an asset.
- Experience in software and ERP implementations (JD Edwards, Oracle, SAP, etc)